Monday, February 25, 2008
We made the trek up to Whidbey Island on Sunday for some time with Ben's family. They showered him with lots of love, great food and generous gifts! Grandma Nancy received a new digital camera for Christmas and she's been exploring her role as family photographer. Since we left our camera at home, we asked Grandma Nancy to email us a few shots. The one above is the first of many...impressive work, huh?
It was nice to visit with Don, Suzy, Grandma Ethel, Grandpa Carl, Uncle Kenon, Aunt Sherri, Cousin Brandon, Cousin Carly and Grandma Nancy (Cousin Taylor was at home - he was feeling pretty nasty).
We're tentatively planning a Simmons family trip to Seattle. We did this right after Christmas - we met at Cousin Luke's apartment, played some games, walked around the city, checked out the Gingerbread Houses, and enjoyed a nice dinner out. This time around, we're hoping to check out the Seattle Art Museum to catch a glimpse of some Roman Art from the Louvre!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Yesterday was Ben's birthday! We celebrated with a day full of fun...
- a yummy homemade breakfast
- a nice walk through the adjacent neighborhood - the sunshine was incredible!
- rearranging some furniture in the living room to make room for a new piece
- dinner with the Weber side of the family (Sidenote: You would never know that Bobby just had surgery - the Lord has healed him in a mighty way!)
- a high school basketball game - Bellarmine vs. Lincoln for their spot in state (BPHS lost, but it was a crazy game to watch)
Today we're heading up to the island to see the Simmons family...
Happy Birthday Benjamin Carsten Simmons!