Thursday, January 22, 2009

life is good...

I'm updating the blog for Robin today. She needs something other than my Kleenex-stuffed nose to look at. :) Now I'm challenging her to UPDATE!

I'm excited to post today because life is good...God is good!

  • Ben is done with school...hooray! He finished up in December, but all of the paperwork is official now. He's working full time at the same place he did all through college. The job is great, the company is supportive, and the pay isn't bad either. :) (It's amazing how much life can change when you've got two full-time incomes...we're feeling a bit more "grown-up" these days.)
  • I'm done with my Master's classes and I couldn't be happier. It's about time! I'm ready to retire my role as a student - at least for a while. Sure, I'll continue to absorb everything I can, but I don't care to write another paper for quite some time. Maybe next fall I'll look at pursuing my National Board Certification?!?!
  • My brother and sister-in-law haven't had their baby yet, but I'm predicting Gavin will make his appearance this weekend. We'll see. Of course, I'll be sure to post pictures.
  • Ben finally has his X-Box Live up and working. (I'll post a picture this weekend.) Although this is a little annoying at times - listening to him talk to people through a drive-thru-like headset - I know it brings him so much joy! The last couple of years, he's taken a break from video games (at our place). It was a nice break. However, I know he's happy to have a new system. It keeps him connected to some of his closest friends - Chris, Dusty, and Andy. So cute!
  • Over the last two weeks, I've been blessed to be a part of a great Bible Study. We haven't even started the actual study yet, but God is already doing incredible things. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to meet some of these incredible women. It's also thrilling to know that what awaits us is sure to be amazing...and life-changing!
  • There are so many fun things to watch on television these days. That's just a fun, little side note. :)
  • We get to see our nieces this weekend! I'm excited to hold Evie and Ella...and take lots of pictures. The last time we were altogether, I had to share the girls with the entire Simmons family. Not cool. I like to hog them! :)
  • Ben is leading worship for our church's youth group. He's really enjoying this new role and it's something he's wanted to do for a while now. With school over and done with, his schedule has finally opened up enough to commit to this ministry opportunity. I'm so proud of him!
  • Things at work have slowed down a bit and I'm about to start working with an after-school program. Should be fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
SO happy to hear life is so good for you guys. As far as the good shows go, here are my faves - the ones I consistently DVR:
The Office
90210 (a little embarrased about that one)
Fringe
24
Lost
Congrats on the Masters AND Ben finishing school. Also, so glad to hear about your great BS.
After this post I realize I have so much I want to talk to you about. Lets get together ok?! I will call you soon - I promise - to figure out a time that works. Plus Ayla is dying to meet you :)

Doreen T. said...

So glad to hear that life is good and that you guys are enjoying it to the fullest!

Nicole said...

Hey Anne,
I missed seeing you last night, but it is nice to "catch up" via the blog! I am really looking forward to diving into the Bible study :) See you in a couple of weeks!

Robin said...

Ha! I DID update, but now that I read yours, I realize you did a much more thorough job with your list than I did...I forgot a few things. =) Still LOVE your design for the bs books, love getting to know you, looking forward to hearing about how Friday night went. =) Oh yea, and congrats to you and Ben for your latest accomplishments- you must both feel great!