Monday, March 23, 2009

i'm here at work...

...and I need to go home. There are no more subs in our system. Turns out everyone else is sick too. Good times. Nothing like trying to teach while feeling yucky. I love my kids and obviously they love me enough to share everything...even their nasty germs. I've never had a year like this. Usually they all get sick and I find a way to avoid it. They got me this time. Ah, shucks.

P.S. For those of you who think teaching is such a sweet job because of summers off and such...take note, sick days are not really a time to rest up and get better. Instead, they're spent putting together sub plans and praying that someone will be available to cover your class. Oh, and you also pray that the little ones will behave themselves. :)

I love my job though...and I find it difficult to imagine doing anything else.

6 comments:

Robica said...

sorry anne, i hope you feel better soon. i was sick a few weeks ago, so not fun.

Nicole said...

Hey Anne, I hope you feel better really soon. Too bad I wasn't signed up with your district, I could come sub for you :)

Robb said...

Hey Anne, are you limited in sub days? My wife only gets two freebies a year. Feel better!

Robin said...

Oh no Anne! I hope you feel better and can get back into the swing of things soon! PS...I'd love to start riding with you to bs, now that it's almost over:) I'll email you...

Stefanie said...

So sorry you are feeling yucky! Hope you feel better soon!!

tiffany jeanne said...

Get well soon, Anne! (This sure has been lasting a while, huh?)