Sunday, June 28, 2009

what summer vacation means around here...

I'm trying to work on being a better wife these days. It might sound a bit silly, but I think I often take my marriage for granted. With the day-to-day activities, I think I forget to put Ben's needs ahead of my own. Many of my gifts and talents are used to shower others...instead of him. So, this summer I've asked the Lord to show me ways I can improve in this area. It's been a lot of fun so far...and we're only a week and a half into the summer. :)


When Ben came home from work on Thursday, this is what he found on the front door.



This one is a little easier to read.

Here's what he saw in our living room. (Notice the tent is facing the television...priorities people!)

This is the view inside the tent. I was sure to include the bare essentials - sleeping bags, pillows, and all the ingredients for some delicious s'mores. :)

Here's Ben hanging out in our tent!

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Such a great idea! I might have to use your tent idea...

jessica said...

this is such a cool idea!

Robin said...

you are too cute- Ben is so lucky to have such a creative and thoughtful wife. let's get together soon! I want to hear all about it! =)