It's currently 12:40 in the morning...that means it's officially our anniversary. 4 years ago today, we were in Hawaii, playing shuffleboard, swimming in the pool, and then things quickly shifted. I put on a dress, we all wore our leis, the photographer took some pictures, and then I walked down the isle and married the sweetest man alive. We were on a beach with a small crowd of family and friends and it was better than I could have ever imagined. We ended the day with a luau and it all felt so surreal.
Here we are at camp a few weeks back. This is where we met 5 years ago...and then got engaged 6 months later. It's amazing how the Lord has used this place to bring us together...then and now. It was so much fun to be back up there with Ben. Serving alongside him at LBC made me excited for our future summer schedules - two teachers with 2.5 months off each year!
- Ben, you're the most forgiving man the world has ever known...seriously!
- You have a heart for worship (and you're good)!
- It's incredible to watch you with our nieces and nephew. Your face lights up and you can't help but talk about them to anyone who will listen. You'll make a great dad someday!
- I especially admire your passion to serve the youth...of our church, community, camp, etc.
- You put up with me and do it without complaining.
- I love it when you share what you're interested in. I've been listening closely, as you tell me all about the wonderful world of sports. You've opened my eyes to statistics, trading, fantasy leagues, and so much more!
- Ben, you work hard.
- You are quick to admit your faults and take ownership of those things which need improving. I wish I could say the same about myself. Instead, I'm trying to learn from you. (Hang in there.)
- Babe, you're super funny.
- With so much on your plate these last few years, I stand in awe of all that you've accomplished. You've completed school and returned for more. You left one job and then quickly found another. Then you endured the nasty world of retail. Now, you've left that behind and you're on to the "real job" - the one you've been preparing for. I can't wait to see how much you'll enjoy teaching! Your students and the staff are going to love you too!
- It makes my heart happy to know that although we won't be together to celebrate today, you're serving the Lord. Those campers are blessed to have you there this week. I'm so proud to call you my husband! Besides, we can celebrate once you're home.
- I LOVE YOU H.B.S.P.