Friday, December 18, 2009

a Christmas recipe unlike any other...

"Literally heaven on a stick!"
- Hillary's response to this little gift



1. First, you take a delicious recipe found online at Giver's Log...along with some television for background noise (as a teacher, I struggle with absolute silence - it's not a naturally occurring thing in my classroom)...


2. Toss in a dirty sink, full of nasty water, lots of dishes (several of which aren't pictured)...


3. Add some popsicle sticks, candy canes, yummy chocolate and a few other important ingredients...


4. Finally, it's time to gently mix in frustrated cook who is trying to channel her inner baker.

Swirl it all around, add a bow and some sort of tag and here's what you get...


Some yummy hot chocolate on a stick...with a touch of white chocolate and peppermint.

I decided to take the first batch of marshmallows and throw them away.  They were a pain in the booty and they turned out a little too funky.  Instead, I just melted down a bag of small marshmallows and then added in some peppermint.  The end result was a little better than my first attempt.  However, I don't know that I'll be making them again.  They just appear so sloppy and the stickiness is not much fun to work with either.  I had to toss these in some powered sugar to be sure they would actually leave my fingers.  Together though, I think it's a pretty sweet little gift.  :)


4 comments:

kate said...

way to go Anne!

Those look great! Have a great Christmas vacation. Love you friend!

tiffany jeanne said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm! those look awesome.

christy said...

yummmmmm!

Robin said...

They turned out so cute! And you are gorgeous even when you're frustrated. :)