Thursday, March 18, 2010

as of late...

Life is busy, but full.  I am blessed beyond measure!

Don't judge, but here's our bedroom...right now!  We were house-sitting for my folks up until this last Monday night.  As a result, there are bags, clothes, shoes, books, slippers, and basketballs (?!?!) hanging out in our sleeping quarters.  Real nice.  (Can you tell that I've been putting in some long hours at work and choosing to spend time outside in the sunshine as opposed to picking things up and putting life back together?)

These little beauties are a new favorite of mine.  I was able to justify the purchase because our school colors are green and gold.  Every month we have a spirit day and these will be a perfect fit for the festivities.  That, and they came in handy for St. Patrick's Day.  :)

Sometimes I find myself needing a creative outlet when I've spent too many hours grading papers.  So, when I should be keeping up with lesson plans, I turn to this sort of thing.  Above, you'll find my first attempt at a hair accessory...I've played around with the design a few times and I think I like my more recent creations.  They still needs work though...

I am spending a TON of time with these young ladies.  Meet my 4 officers.  They are loads of fun, and together, we've done some new things around Maywood this year.  Right now, we're enjoying our own version of March Madness.  Today, we had a cheer competition at lunch and it far exceeded my expectations!  On Monday, we have a Slam Dunk Competition (you have to be the first one to take your tater tots, dunk them in ketchup, and eat 'em).  It's been a blast.  However, it's also been a bit time-consuming...worth every minute though.  :)

Playing around with my camera is still high on my list of things-to-do-in-order-to-avoid-grading.  Not that this is a great photo, but it clearly shows my need to keep learning!  :)  I also like it because of the cutie-patootie in the background...fuzzy as he may be.

Tomorrow the trimester ends and I couldn't be happier! 
Grades will be finished and that brings me even more joy!

4 comments:

Joan Garmong said...

Anne, Cleaning can be overstated and overdone. To live life to the fullest, you have to enjoy, to enjoy you have to live. Enjoy your vacation. Hugs... Joanie

tiffany jeanne said...

Anne, CUTE hair clippy! I'm jealous you found time to make some and I still haven't. I LOVE yours...I might steal your idea...

Missed you Tuesday, but I see you have been on the go. :) Praying for you always and hope to catch up soon!

kate said...

I love you Anne. Keeping it real, girl!
I love that hair clip. I'll pay you to make a few for my girls. Seriously!

Spiro said...

Dig the kicks. Covet your job... Ish.