- Easter was awesome...there's some exciting news coming down the line from Ben's side of the family! I am not allowed to say anything just yet. However, you're smart people. I'll leave it at that.
- I really like http://www.paperbackswap.com/ - it's such a cool concept. Since we don't have a whole lot of room around here, I can feel good about letting go of some books. I just post them to this site and then when someone wants a specific title, I get an email. From there, I send the book and earn a credit for that. Now I can shop for any book I want. It's great!
- I never properly wished Bobby a happy birthday! He turned 27 on Wednesday (we celebrated on Saturday). I explained to him that he's only a year away from catching up to me...if only it worked that way.
- Last week my mom and I made a trek down to Vancouver, WA for a conference. Well, I had classes to attend and she kept me company during the downtime. We did some shopping in Portland, ate some good food, and enjoyed some girly time. It was so much fun to have my mom all to myself. She is incredible...in every way! The Lord totally blessed me!
- The sessions I got to sit in on far surpassed my expectations. I am already looking forward to next year! It's always tough to miss work and prepare for a substitute. At the same time, I feel this trip was well worth the effort. There were so many wonderful ideas shared, I'm not exactly sure where to begin. I'm meeting with some of our adminstration tomorrow to talk through it all. Good times!
- There's some exciting news on the job front. Ben is applying for a paid summer internship with Milliman, Inc. This would hopefully lead to a position as an actuary. He has always been intrigued by this field (his cousin Luke has been employed as an actuary for the last few years). I think Ben would truly enjoy this position. He has such a math mind and this career asks that you continue to develop your skills and complete tests along the way. I'll pass. We know that this is all in God's hands. If nothing else comes of this, we can see that the Lord is opening our eyes to the endless possibilies.
I don't really want to read through this to check my spelling, grammar, etc. Forgive me!