Thursday, July 10, 2008

happy birthday mom!

Today was my mom's birthday. I would have posted this sooner, but I wanted to include pictures from our celebration.

This is how things started out...my dad went outside and we didn't realize it. Next think you know, we hear the doorbell ring. When we answered, this is the face we were met with. He's so funny!

After dinner, we decided to head down to the water and walk. Things got all mixed up (Bobby took home the wrong set of keys)...so it was just Jordan, Ben and I walking.


These are my 2 favorite shots from the night (I wasn't good about taking many pictures). On the left side (or top), I told them I needed a photo for the blog. When I looked at the picture on my camera, I told my dad that his head was positioned so as to create a strange double-chin. I told them I wanted to take another shot. So, on the right side (or bottom) you'll see my mom hiding her laughter and my dad positioning his head in a strange manner.

Mom got some great gifts (a NorthFace fleece, a gift certificate to a restaurant at New Castle, a couple of books, an apron and some random creation), but I only got one shot of the apron/cape I made her. Ben didn't really want to model it for me, so I just draped it over his backside. (I wish I had a photo of Ben's creation for her...it was made of left-over fabric and tape.)

We had a great time and hopefully my mom felt loved and appreciated! She's the most amazing woman I know...seriously! She is remarkable in her love for others and the selfless attitude that goes along with it. However, her heart for Christ is the most awe-inspiring. Her life has been full of trials and yet she continually relies on Him and sings His praises. My mom means the world to me and I love her more than words can say!

Happy Birthday Mom!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Your mom and my dad have the same birthday :) Happy Birthday to your mom! Your parents are so cute!

christy said...

Your family is hilarious! Love the pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! Tell your mom for me!

Robin said...

Maybe this is a crazy question, but were you guys at Coulon Park on Sunday night? (7/13)

I think we saw you, but I didn't want to be awkward and say, "hey, i've never met you, but i read your blog and know all about your mom's birthday." =) Gotta love the web...puttin' it ALL out there!