Friday, February 19, 2010

when i should be grading papers...

...i spend time finding projects around the house to keep me busy instead.


It's no secret, we have a small kitchen.


There's not much counter space and it quickly fills up.  So, I've been wanting to take our spice rack that only holds 16 spices and takes up a bit of counter space and morph it...into something a bit more practical.


It was my hope that this new solution would also free up some much-needed counter space.


All it took was a few containers (ordered online from a bulk company for super cheap), some magnets from Joann's (the weekly coupons helped), my circle punch, some simple word art, and the amazing Cricut.  Ta-da!  :)

8 comments:

jenny keller said...

tell me about your cricut. i am kind of interested in buying one. i used to scrapbook in the olden days haha, but don't have time anymore. so it would be for more crafty stuff.

and super cute spice rack. love it.

Nicole said...

I love this post :) If you were to sell these on Etsy I would seriously buy them... And, I had to chuckle when you said "simple word art," I would not have a clue how to do that! You are so talented!

Stefanie said...

oh my word. I totally agree with Nicole, I would buy these! I have been saying forever that I need new spice containers!! Great idea! You did an amazing job!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

What a great idea!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Fantastic!

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

They look great and it is nice that they are so functional!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

GREAT post.....Enjoying a Saturday of blog hopping and reading all the Easter posts. Hope you will stop by for a visit.
On Sunday night I will be drawing for
$100 GOODIE BASKET.

http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-friends-new-blogs-and-giveaway.html

Happy Easter

Ashley Tremaine said...

Love the idea!! Very very cute to boot!!

www.thetremainestory.blogspot.com